
Monday night some friends and I attended the
Seattle Reads discussion with
Jhumpa Lahiri (or JhuLa as we began to refer to her), the author of
Interpreter of Maladies and
The Namesake (two books I recommend, more so the former). Seattle Reads typifies one of the reasons that I love Seattle. Each year, the Seattle Public Library hosts a major author for a series of free programs. Everyone in Seattle is invited to participate by reading the chosen book and attending the discussions with the author. This 'community reading program' was the first of its kind and has been the catalyst for many similar programs across the country. The discussion was

hosted at the
MOHAI.
Tuesday, I hosted brunch at my apartment for some girlfriends. We had a lovely time!! I prepared fruit salad, caramelized onion quiche, and mimosas. Delicious!
Today, I had my summer internship training in Olympia, WA. It was so fun to tool around the capital grounds. I found out today I have been assigned to the Natural Resources Committee, which is so awesome I cannot even stand it. Everyone at work seems so nice and my fellow interns will be great, too.
3 comments:
Natural Resources Committee!! Come on! Only people like you would get excited about it, and only people like me would be excited for you. We are fabulous dorks and I love it. Congrats dahlin, that's awesome...can't wait to hear all about it!
You're pretty awesome.
Meghan - so glad you are working on a committee you will be interested in. I swear everything works out for you! You are the luckiest girl I know. Seriously. And please....don't rest your shoes on the wall? What was that?! How strange. Must be a Washington thing. Love it.
Post a Comment