What, you ask, would bring me out of my blogging hiatus? Well, two things really: First, procrastination. See, it's finals time at old SU Law and what that really means is that I have way more time than I have all semester to procrastinate (e.g. blog, do my prenatal yoga video, walk the dog on long walks, brush the dog, etc.). Second, Pregnant Lady Eggs. What do you do when you are seven months pregnant, there's nothing good to eat in the house, and you want something delightful and salty? You make deviled eggs with pimento olives of course. (The absurdity of this statement makes me giggle.) So that's what I did, and I tell you, they were quite lovely, so, I thought I'd share the recipe.
Pregnant Lady Deviled Eggs:
2 hard-boiled eggs, halved and yolks removed
3/4 Tbs light mayo
1/2 Tbs Dijon mustard (I think Maille is the best)
3 pimento olives, cut into quarters lengthwise and sliced ever so thin
1 spin fresh cracked pepper
2 dashes paprika for garnish
Directions: Mush first three ingredients together in small bowl to desired consistency. Add pepper and olives and stir. Delicately place mixture in the hole of the egg white, sprinkle with paprika, and enjoy! (Note: I didn't use salt because I suspected the olives would be salty enough; my hunch was correct.)
m.e.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1) Love to see you blogging again. Could possibility be the highlight of my day.
2) Procrastination is a beautiful thing.
3) Good luck on your finals.
4) Eggs sounds yummy. Can't wait to try them.
Can I eat those eggs if I am not pregnant? If I do, will I get pregnant? And if I do get pregnant from them, will that make you the father?
Post a Comment